1. Tremendous purity, tremendous renunciation, is the one secret of spirituality. "Neither through wealth, nor through progeny, but through renunciation alone is immortality to be reached," say the Vedas. "Sell all that thou hast and give to poor, and follow me," says the Christ. So all great saints and prophets have expressed it, and have carried it out in their lives. How can great spirituality come without renunciation?
2. Spirituality can be communicated just as really as I can give you a flower.
3. Spiritual vitality can be given from one mind to another.
4. No other ideal can put into us the same mass of energy as the spiritual.
5. If you want to be spiritual, you must renounce.
6. Spiritual knowledge can only be given in silence like the dew that falls unseen and unheard, yet bringing into bloom masses of roses.
7. Spirituality is the true basis of all our activities in life.
8. The Secret of Spirituality
Men and women of today! If there be among you any pure, fresh flower, let it be laid on the alter of God. If there are among you any who, being young, do not desire to return into the world, let them give up! Let them renounce! This is the one secret of spirituality, renunciation. Dare to do this. Be brave enough to do it. Such great sacrifices are necessary.
9. Spiritual knowledge is the only thing that can destroy our miseries for ever.
10. First form character, first earn spirituality and results will come of themselves.
11. Guru-Bhakti is the foundation of all spiritual development.
12. A man should be free to think, especially spiritual thoughts.
13. Let there be as little materialism as possible, with the maximum of spirituality.
14. We want spiritual ideals before us, we want enthusiastically to gather round grand spiritual names.
15. Spirituality must conquer the West.
16. He who has more of this unselfishness is more spiritual and nearer to Shiva.
17. Do not spend your energy in talking, but meditate in silence; and do not let the rush of the outside world disturb you. WHEN YOUR MIND IS IN THE HIGHEST STATE, YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS OF IT. Accumulate power in silence and become a dynamo of spirituality.
18. The object of life is to learn the laws of spiritual progress.
19. Complete self-surrender is the only way to spiritual illumination.
20. Spiritual things are told not in the language of matter, but in the language of the SPIRIT; THE SUPERFINE IN THE LANGUAGE OF SUPERFINE.
21. No more materialism, no more this egoism, I must become spiritual.